So you think she might be pregnant. What now? First confirm the pregnancy and then talk through your options. We are here to help you make an informed decision. All of our services are free and confidential.
Here's some additional advice that may be of benefit to you right now.
- Listen. The situation involves more than just you. Take your time and don't rush this decision.
- Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the pregnancy, but you play an important role too.
- Talk about it - not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Gather all the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- Express yourself honestly - it's normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
- Don't bail. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don't pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- Don't forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.